This is the moderated announcement list for the NYC Anarchist Book Fair. Messages about upcoming meetings will be sent to this list, as well as other related call-outs. If you would like to get involved but can't make meetings, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or check the website (http://anarchistbookfair.net) for contact information for people coordinating specific aspects of the book fair.
While this list is set up so that all messages are moderated (fitting an announcement list), if conversation does happen, here are list protocols, adapted from the protocols of the NYC Anarchist Book Fair collective's planning email list:
- When replying to other people's posts, think for a moment whether the entire list needs to see your response, or whether your response is best suited only for the eyes of the person to whom you are replying. On the other hand, since this list is for people working on a common project, thoughts and feedback about a given issue should usually be sent to the entire list for all to consider.
- If you do decide to send your reply to the entire list, please take the time to delete any quoted matter that is not immediately applicable to your response. This improves readability and will only serve to enhance whatever point you happen to be making at the time.
- Please refrain from discussing any illegal activity on this list. Email is inherently insecure, especially when sent to a list with a large number of subscribers.
- Do not send announcements, posts, or articles to the this list that are readily available elsewhere on the Internet or on other lists. This practice is commonly known as crossposting, and it will be frowned upon unless you can convincingly explain why your crosspost is of specific interest to the book fair planning collective.
- This list is NOT a general NYC anarchist announcement or discussion forum, nor is it a general "lefty activist" list. For general NYC-area anarchist announcements and heated discussions not directly related to the NYC Anarchist Book Fair, please post to the NYC-Anarchists list (email@example.com).
- NYC Anarchist Book Fair announcement list subscribers will abide by reasonable and respectful email "netiquette" and will treat others on the list in a comradely manner. Rudeness, belligerent and/or hateful comments, and personal attacks will not be tolerated.
Resolution of conflicts / disruptions:
If collective members feel that someone has failed to abide by these protocols, the matter will be discussed on the list and/or at a meeting. Continued failure to respect protocols will result in suspension of the individual from the email list as well as possible suspension from the book fair planning collective entirely. Such suspension activities must be consensed on by the other collective members.
To see the collection of prior postings to the list,
visit the Nyc_anarchist_bookfair-announce
(The current archive is only available to the list
Subscribe to Nyc_anarchist_bookfair-announce by filling out the following
You will be sent email requesting confirmation, to
prevent others from gratuitously subscribing you. Once
confirmation is received, your request will be held for approval
by the list moderator. You will be notified of the moderator's
decision by email. This is also a hidden list, which means that the
list of members is available only to the list administrator.