[Americas] introduction

ruben solis grulla at swunion.org
Thu May 15 11:24:07 EDT 2008

Hi

I hope this gets to all.

We are Southwest Workers Union (SWU) a twenty year old grassroots member
based organization in south texas in San Antonio, TX.

We are part of the National Planning Committee for the US Social Forum which
is working with the Organizing Committee of the Social Forum of the Americas
happening in Guatemala in Oct 7-12, 08.

We are also members of the Grassroots Global Justice Alliance (GGJA) that
will also be organizing and mobilizing to the Social Forum of the Americas
in Oct 08.  GGJA also has representation at the Hemispheric council of the
social forum of the americas.

Additionally, SWU is part of COMPA: Convergence of Popular Movements of the
Americas which is a global south grassroots network.  COMPA has been at the
forefront of many frontline struggles by members orgs.

I am Ruben Solis and I am coordinating the Sin Fronteras organizing program
for SWU.

Ruben solis

*Please note change of email grulla at swunion.org
*Por favor de notar cambio de correo electronico grulla at swunion.org