[Autocrypt] live discussion about historical keys tomorrow -- 2017-12-12 17:00 UTC https://meet.jit.si/Autocrypt267

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Mon Dec 11 15:33:40 EST 2017

Hi folks--

we're really close to wrapping up Autocrypt level 1 and have only a
little more to go.  and Autocrypt Tuesday is tomorrow! :)

One of the remaining topics is about how/whether we encourage clients to
deal with historical keys associated with accounts they control.  for
example, after a key rotation, what do you do with your old key?

and, even worse, how do you deal with these old keys in the multidevice
context?

This is one of the few remaining outstanding github tickets:

  https://github.com/autocrypt/autocrypt/issues/267

And a few of us will be discussing it in a videochat tomorrow, at

0 dkg at alice:~$ TZ=Europe/Berlin date -d '2017-12-12 17:00Z'
Tue Dec 12 18:00:00 CET 2017
0 dkg at alice:~$ TZ=Europe/Athens date -d '2017-12-12 17:00Z'
Tue Dec 12 19:00:00 EET 2017
0 dkg at alice:~$ TZ=America/New_York date -d '2017-12-12 17:00Z'
Tue Dec 12 12:00:00 EST 2017
0 dkg at alice:~$

We'll meet at https://meet.jit.si/Autocrypt267

Please join us if you're interested!  I'll try to make sure that a
summary of the discussion makes it into the ticket.

Also, if this time is terrible for you and you want to participate in
the dicsussion, please propose another time that would work for you.

Happy hacking,

       --dkg