[Autocrypt] UI prototype next steps

Oliver Wiese oliver.wiese at fu-berlin.de
Sat Jun 17 12:53:55 EDT 2017

Hi,

I like the idea to communicate with the Bot. This would be an interactive tutorial and users can learn how to compose encrypted messages. I think the question shouldn’t be about having a summery or not.  May be technical terms like secure channel etc. is fine but maybe we can find a more practical metaphor. I would be interested in the mental model of the users after they sync the keys. Also difference between a typical tutorial and a communication with a bot would be interesting, too.
For teaching other users you may can take a look on this paper [1].
Maybe we can discuss on more IRC.

Cheers
Oliver

[1] S. Ruoti, J. Andersen, S. Heidbrink, M. O’Neill, E. Vaziripour, J. Wu, D. Zappala, K. Seamons. “We’re on the Same Page”: A Usability Study of Secure Email Using Pairs of Novice Users, CHI2016