[Fsa-guatemala] network update

Jamie McClelland jm at mayfirst.org
Fri Oct 3 22:06:12 EDT 2008

Hi all,

We spent the afternoon at the University. The main purpose was figuring
out how to get Internet access to building S1 - where the media center
will be. This building is the priority.

The bad news is the our workshop is in M5 - about 200 feet away from S1.

We're in the process of pursing two possible leads:

 * There's an Internet cafe in M5 on the second floor. The best option
 would be to run a cable from the Internet Cafe to our room (on the
 first floor)

 * Get our room changed to a room in S1.

The schedule will be finalized the end of the weekend, and we're
returning to the University tomorrow - so we should be able to figure it
out before the schedule gets printed.

As for projectors - our last resort is to rent our own projector, which
is a perfectly viable option here (that's how the foro has been planning
on providing projectors).

How's outreach going in New York?

Abrazos,
Jamie

--
Jamie McClelland
718-303-3204 ext. 101

May First/People Link
Growing networks to build a just world
http://www.mayfirst.org
https://support.mayfirst.org
Members Local 1180, Communications Workers of America, AFL-CIO

PGP Key: http://current.workingdirectory.net/pages/identity/