[Fsa-guatemala] [tech] How to watch activity for MF/PL leadership committee?

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Tue Oct 7 16:56:25 EDT 2008

On Tue 2008-10-07 16:32:36 -0400, Mallory Knodel wrote:

> I'm wondering about the question of viewing the board from, say D.C.,
> without participating. Obviously one needs a password to be let into
> the workshop. The questions are:

You should be able to view the board directly from anywhere in the
world.  Without knowing the room-code (something announced to the
people on-location), only the board is visible.

>   - Should out-of-group participation be allowed?

I'm not sure what this means.  I don't think that anyone should be
allowed to be an active Group if they aren't present in one of the two
Rooms.

>   - If the leadership committee should be allowed to follow the live
> action, how do they log-in to the board?

There will be a special URL, something like:

  http://ir.mayfirst.org/board

But it's not clear what that URL will be because the final host isn't
set up and ready yet. :(  (what, last minute?  us???)

>   - Is this log-in restrictive, unique/special for these viewers.

There is no login required to view the board.

This is all as i understand it, anyway.

     --dkg