[Fsa-guatemala] Fwd: Fotografias del FSA - Disenando el Internet que necesitamos : un ejercicio en democracia colaborativa

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Fri Oct 10 15:31:41 EDT 2008

On Fri 2008-10-10 14:22:06 -0400, Alfredo Lopez wrote:

> Can someone tell me the url of our photos page for Social Forum?

The URL that Jamie sent out was http://fsa.mayfirst.org/photos, which
seems to still be up.  I don't know that we've made any committment to
keeping it up that way, though, so i'm not sure how useful it would be
to put it in an e-mail.

I certainly don't think that we should leave this stuff up as it is,
since the 5- or 10-second meta-refresh times and explicit non-caching
will cause an undue load on the server (and our bandwidth) for the
static site.

If we want to talk about displaying these photos separately, we should
probably make other plans.

If MF/PL expects to regularly post photosets, it would not be
unreasonable to set up an MF/PL instance of gallery2 (or something
similar) so that you could do things like this in the future without
extra hassle/decision-making beyond figuring out the content.

     --dkg