[Fsa-guatemala] Fwd: Fotografias del FSA - Disenando el Internet que necesitamos : un ejercicio en democracia colaborativa

Alfredo Lopez alfredo at mayfirst.org
Tue Oct 14 00:48:29 EDT 2008

Jamie McClelland wrote:
> On Fri Oct 10, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
>> On Fri 2008-10-10 14:22:06 -0400, Alfredo Lopez wrote:
>>
>>> Can someone tell me the url of our photos page for Social Forum?
>> The URL that Jamie sent out was http://fsa.mayfirst.org/photos, which
>> seems to still be up.  I don't know that we've made any committment to
>> keeping it up that way, though, so i'm not sure how useful it would be
>> to put it in an e-mail.
>
> Alfredo's asking for a copy of the photos that were taken so he can
> write a report - which I think would be a great contribution to this
> project. I just made the low res versions available in a quick way via
> these URLs:

Thanks Jamie (for this and for the remarkable job you and Maritza did
down there -- we're all very proud of you). Given Daniel's heroics
(putting in an incredible amount of work when he should have been in bed
trying to get over his illness) and everyone's super-effort, I think we
should all be proud of what this organization has done.

I'm told that this was among the very few (if any) collaborative
workshops at the Foro and to think it was a bi-continental
collaboration! That *is* a precedent-setting event that we can be sure
will have an impact from now on.

Mallory's put a photo gallery up on our site at

http://mayfirst.org/image/tid/4

Each photo has comments enabled so people can post comments, btw.

Great job Mallory!

I've done a prelim notice

http://blogs.mayfirst.org/node/207

and I think maybe we should set up a page so people can post stuff, etc.
on the site. It's a pretty major event for us and I'm feeling that
members should have the opportunity to comment on it and discuss it.
What do folks think?

Abrazos,

Alfredo

--