[Fsa-guatemala] Communication between Rooms

Jamie McClelland jm at mayfirst.org
Fri Sep 19 18:37:14 EDT 2008

> What about this AJAX-y "Proposal +Chat" (it might only work visually
> if we have very concise group names or icons):

I think that sounds amazing. Ambitious, but amazing (and what the hell,
this entire project is ambitious!!).

> > How about a simple camera setup that takes a picture of each room (one
> > per second or one per 5 seconds) and then sends it to a web server that
> > refreshes every second.
> >
> > If we could get two projectors, we could have one projector showing the
> > board, and a second projector showing pictures from the other
> > location(s).
> >
> > It's pretty low-tech as video goes! But it would at least convey the
> > sense of the other location(s).
>
> This doesn't really allow for nuanced communications between Rooms,
> but it might be useful for "feeling like you're kinda there".  How
> high a priority is this, though?  If we can get two projectors in each
> Room, i can imagine other uses for the second projector that might be
> more important.

I think conveying a visual sense of the other rooms would an an
*enormous* dimension to the project - almost making it a different
experience. I think of this is pretty high priority. Even if we can't
pull off another projector - having a link on the scribe page so view
other rooms would be great.

jamie

--
Jamie McClelland
718-303-3204 ext. 101

May First/People Link
Growing networks to build a just world
http://www.mayfirst.org
https://support.mayfirst.org
Members Local 1180, Communications Workers of America, AFL-CIO

PGP Key: http://current.workingdirectory.net/pages/identity/