[Fsa-guatemala] Communication between Rooms

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Sat Sep 20 10:29:31 EDT 2008

On Thu 2008-09-18 17:01:57 -0400, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:

>  * We have a pane in the Scribe UI, and at the top of the pane is a
>    tab with each Group's symbol or name (except our own), and the last
>    tab says "All" (in the Scribe's preferred tongue).

Thinking about this on a bike ride, i realize that there are two ways
to do this bit.  We could offer access to *every* Group in this pane,
or only non-local Groups (i.e. Groups not in our Room).

Offering chat only to non-local Groups would force the use of
in-person emissaries (and relieve some load on the Scribes) for
in-Room discussions.

If we did non-local Chat only, i'm not sure how broadcasts (the "All"
tab) would work.  Ideas?

Also: broadcasts could be displayed in a section on the Board below
the Rights, so that Scribes wouldn't be required to read the latest
info to other Participants.

     --dkg