[guardian-dev] OtrChat: Dev and User Feedback Requested

Nathan Freitas (GuardianProject) nathan at guardianproject.info
Tue Jul 6 11:27:45 EDT 2010

Quick followup - SSL/TLS is required for the XMPP host, or at least that
is the intention. This is why there is no option to "enable" this
feature - it is always on.

The idea is that we can't call this a secure solution if we allow people
to authenticate in the clear, regardless of whether we have OTR or not.

This is especially true if you are routing the traffic over Tor.