[guardian-dev] Pre-Market Orbot Release

Derek Halliday derek at guardianproject.info
Wed Jul 28 13:33:22 EDT 2010

 Hello all -

Over the past few weeks we've made some headway towards getting Orbot
ready for an official appearance in the Android Market. As we enter the
home stretch we'd like to ask for your help in scrubbing it for any
remaining issues. Please grab the latest from git here:
http://github.com/guardianproject/Orbot/downloads

Of particular note in this release you'll see that we've added a help
wizard at initial install -- as we push this towards a less technically
savvy base we feel it's as important as ever to be clear about what
Orbot / Tor *does* and *does not* do for rooted and non-rooted devices
running anything from cupcake to froyo. We're especially grateful for
any feedback you have on this addition. There are a number of
architectural changes as well - we should have an official changelog
available with the official release in a few days.

For issues, the official Tor trac site here:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor
If you prefer Git, log issues here:
http://github.com/guardianproject/Orbot/issues
svn is here: https://svn.torproject.org/svn/projects/android/trunk/Orbot/