No subject

Sun Nov 7 15:21:47 EST 2010

<_hc> niftyzero niftyzero1: I'm in the process of putting the OTR stuff
entirely in the app rather than in the service at all.  Do you think
that will work, or is crazy? ;)

There are a couple of reasons not to do that:

- Applications are less persistent than services.  OTR has state, and if
that state is lost when the app is temporarily killed, the other side
has to renegotiate / resend.
- You might want to negotiate / accept messages in the background, while
the app is not active.

That said, what do you see as the advantages of doing OTR on the app side?

--
Miron

☵
☳