[guardian-dev] Orbot 1.0.4 RC for testing

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Mon Sep 20 23:48:16 EDT 2010

On 09/20/2010 07:22 PM, Nathan of Guardian wrote:

> Hello, everyone - it has been a little while since we've had some
> traffic on here from the dev team. I assure you, things are moving along
> well.

Hi Nathan,

I've noticed a strange bug with the latest release of Orbot when used
with transparent proxying - when a device resets, Orbot does not
automatically launch on the subsequent boot. The end result is that
transparently torified applications are not longer torified; I had an
email program that started and connected directly to the internet.

Is there a way to ensure that Orbot is started before any other services
and every time the phone starts?

All the best,
Jake