[guardian-dev] lildebi status: the script builds Debian on a CM phone!

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Wed Apr 6 22:29:21 EDT 2011

First, I only ran this on CyanogenMod, I don't think it'll work on
plain Android just yet.  Here's how I ran things:

on my computer after attaching the phone via USB:
   cd lildebi/scripts
   ./push-app-payload.sh
   adb shell
   cd /data/lildebi
   ./create-debian-setup.sh
(wait a long time as everything downloads and builds)
   cd /data/lildebi
   ./start-debian.sh

.hc

On Apr 6, 2011, at 9:24 PM, Kevin Galligan wrote:

> Do you have a step by step list of instructions?  I copied the files
> over and tried to run the sh scripts, but I'm not sure if I have the
> correct directory structure and whatnot.  Rather than trying to
> reverse engineer it, I figure you have that info handy.
>
> -Kevin
>
> On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 4:08 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner
> <hans at at.or.at> wrote:
>>
>> Here's the relevant info:
>>
>> scripts/push-app-payload.sh
>>        This uploads stuff to the phone to simulate what would be
>>        included in the app itself.
>>
>> scripts/create-debian-setup.sh
>>        This does the whole shebang, the relevant variables like
>>        mnt, imagename, imagesize, repo, and distro should probably
>>        be settable via cmd line arguments, but aren't yet
>>
>> scripts/remove-debian-setup.sh
>>        This should remove all traces of what create-debian-setup.sh
>> did
>>
>> scripts/start-debian.sh
>>        semi-functional script for starting a Debian session once
>>        everything is installed and setup.
>>
>> .hc
>>

>> On Apr 6, 2011, at 12:51 PM, Kevin Galligan wrote:
>>
>>> I'll take a look at it tonight and slam it in.  See how it goes.

>> “We must become the change we want to see. - Mahatma Gandhi

"[T]he greatest purveyor of violence in the world today [is] my own
government." - Martin Luther King, Jr.