[guardian-dev] IOIO board for Android

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Apr 11 00:14:12 EDT 2011

This looks like something we might want for our hardware bench, its a
hardware board that talks to the Android debugging.  One possible idea
is a highspeed phone dump before hitting the panic button, then you
could swallow the SD card and "retrieve" it later. ;)

The IOIO (pronounced "yo-yo") is a board specially designed to work
with your Android device (OS versions 1.5 and greater). The board
provides extensive and robust connectivity to an Android device via a
USB connection. The IOIO is fully controllable from within an Android
application, using a simple and intuitive Java API - no embedded
programming or external programmer will ever be needed, even for
firmware upgrades!

http://ytai-mer.blogspot.com/2011/04/meet-ioio-io-for-android.html
http://www.sparkfun.com/products/10585

"It is convenient to imagine a power beyond us because that means we
don't have to examine our own lives.", from "The Idols of
Environmentalism", by Curtis White