[guardian-dev] Orbot 1.0.5 dev daily build! (was Re: Orbot 1.0.5 dev build)

Nathan of Guardian nathan at guardianproject.info
Fri Apr 15 16:44:39 EDT 2011

On 04/15/2011 04:42 PM, Derek Halliday wrote:
> Hmm, I thought we had this bug licked in this build...

I turned something evil back on, thinking it was safe.

Will do some more thinking about how/when to handle the processing of
transparent proxy settings.

I think basically, we have to monitor if you have changed transproxy
settings at all in the Prefs screen, and then if so, we show a "please
wait while we update your transproxy settings etc" dialog.

By the way, the delay is all in the communication between the Orbot app
and the Tor exe via the control port. Each call takes about a second,
and in some cases we make multiple calls.

+n