[guardian-dev] IOIO board for Android

Nathan of Guardian nathan at guardianproject.info
Fri Apr 22 10:23:02 EDT 2011

Alan,

On 04/11/2011 06:05 PM, Alan wrote:
> Have a public key embedded in the kernel. (There are facilities to do in
> kernel key storage.) When you hit the "panic button", encrypt the key
> block on the encrypted partition with that key. and then
> unmount/power-off.

Does the user embed their own public key, or is this a private key that
Guardian or someone else holds to help a user "recover" their locked data?

Just trying to understand if it possible for us to build an end-user
tool that generates this keypair and updates a kernel we would ship en
masse.

Thanks!