[guardian-dev] Progress on SQLCipher for Android

Moritz Bartl moritz at torservers.net
Tue Aug 30 22:54:09 EDT 2011

Hey Nathan and everyone,

Great work!!

On 31.08.2011 03:14, Nathan of Guardian wrote:
> If you haven't noticed, we also have turned our uber-sample project
> Notepadbot into a shipping app in the Android Market called
> "NoteCipher". It is a simple PIN protected notepad app

I looked at it and was wondering: Doesn't a PIN protection give the
impression of false security in regard to simple brute force attacks?
Also, I think a lot of users might confuse the "Enter PIN" dialog with a
dialog requesting them to enter their phone/SIM pin.

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/