[guardian-dev] Using NFC for two-factor locking

devrandom c1.android at niftybox.net
Thu Dec 15 14:36:31 EST 2011

On 11-12-15 10:59 AM, Nathan of Guardian wrote:
> On 12/15/2011 01:52 PM, devrandom wrote:
>> * an NFC card that requires a button push to activate
>
> I have been playing with a Yubikey, which is a cheap hardware token that
> can do both static and one-time passwords. The version I have requires
> USB HID support (which most Android devices have), but there is also an
> RFID flavor that costs about $30.
>
> http://www.yubico.com/rfid-yubikey
>
> I can't imagine an NFC one being far behind.
>
> +n

AFAIK, NFC devices can read RFID.

However, it seems like the MIFARE chip it's based on is proprietary. It
also has been cracked, and the company mishandled the case (tried to get
an injunction against publication of the vuln).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIFARE#Security_of_MIFARE_Classic

--
Miron
http://hyper.to/blog/