[guardian-dev] Fwd: [Prey-Security]

Derek Halliday derek at guardianproject.info
Thu Jan 27 09:52:21 EST 2011

That's a sticky situation. It sounds like mr. exboyfriend enabled the
'Prey extra security' features within Android's Device administrator UI
- which allows Prey to remotely reset passwords, watch login attempts,
remotely force lock the phone and prevent app uninstall. I'd be curious
to know exactly how (and if!) the app can be deactivated without admin
credentials, as it would clearly be a security vulnerability in their
core use case.

-D