[guardian-dev] I can't develop with sqlcipher - Android

Manuel manuel at acanthephyra.net
Thu Jul 7 09:23:17 EDT 2011

On Thu, Jul 07, 2011 at 09:47:54AM -0300, Pablo Nahuel Ufor Laplaza wrote:
> 07-07 12:38:52.168: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(374):
> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Library
> /data/data/info.guardianproject.notepadbot/files/libsqlcipher_android.so not
> found
> Of couerse, I don't have that way of folders... how I can tell the project
> where the library really is??

The relevant snippet that tries to load the library is in
info/guardianproject/database/sqlcipher/SQLiteDatabase.java, if you
wanna read it.

Do you have a file that begins with libsqlcipher_android in your lib/
folder? If so, what are they called exactly?
It is possible that the SDK version your phone comes with is not
the same as what libsqlcipher_android was built for.

@devs: Is that "libsqlcipher_android-" + android.os.Build.VERSION.SDK_INT + ".so" actually the right way to do this? Do you just package multiple shared objects to handle different SDK versions?

Cheers,

Manuel