[guardian-dev] Got an Android 3.x tablet?

Nathan Freitas nathan at freitas.net
Thu Jul 7 21:43:30 EDT 2011

Yes it is a terribly basic demo app, taken from Android's own samples. Perhaps we can update it using the 3.0 sample code.

Otherwise, we now have multiple confirmations of 3.x success.

Manuel Acanthephyra <manuel at acanthephyra.net> wrote:

Yep, basic functionality works (on 3.1). Managed to crash it once when switching from landscape to portrait during pinentry before the first note was created, but can't reproduce that behaviour, orientation switch worked afterwards. (probably shouldn't re-prompt for pin at every orientation change, but that's usability, not functionality).

Another usability note: It seems to only use a very small portion of the screen - seems like it's only using cellphone dimensions.

Best,

Manuel
--
Sent from Kaiten Mail for Android. Please excuse my brevity.

Nathan of Guardian <nathan at guardianproject.info> wrote:

If you have a 3.x tablet, please download this APK:
https://github.com/guardianproject/notepadbot/Notepadbot-0.0.1d-dev.apk/qr_code

and let me know if it seems to basically work (PIN entry dialog comes
up, you can create notes via menu, doesn't crash, etc).

We are working on adding support for Android 3.x in our SQLCipher
library, and this will help us do that. You can see the open issue here:
https://github.com/guardianproject/android-database-sqlcipher/issues/2

Best,
Nathan

Post: Guardian-dev at lists.mayfirst.org