[guardian-dev] ObscuraCam Alpha Release - Testers Unite!

Derek Halliday derek at guardianproject.info
Tue Jun 14 18:07:15 EDT 2011

Hello Guardian Alphas & Devs -

We're looking for some help testing our latest product to hit alpha -
ObscuraCam. Before we officially launch the app, we'd like to gather
usability and stability feedback from you over the next few days.

Impatient? Grab the app without reading the rest of this email via the
following link or the attached QR code:
https://market.android.com/details?id=org.witness.sscphase1&feature=search_result

Built in partnership with Witness (http://www.witness.org/), the goal of
ObscuraCam is to enhance mobile visual privacy by letting users
selectively obscure sections of photographs. While this concept was
initially developed to protect the identity of users in sensitive
contexts (bystanders at a protest, for example), we're also trying to
reach a wider user base and raise awareness by appealing to the
application's broader social context.

As you likely know, Facebook's opt-out facial recognition feature has
been getting some deserved attention as of late, so we've created a
Facebook page for those interested in reclaiming their visual privacy:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/ObscuraCam-Saving-Your-Social-Face/110765659013081

Please feel free to 'like' the page and post your own obscured photos!
And as usual, please report issues to the distribution list or directly
to GitHub: https://github.com/guardianproject/securesmartcam/issues

As usual, Obscura Cam is fully open source. If you're interested in
contributing, check out the source here:
https://github.com/guardianproject/SecureSmartCam

Thanks again for your continued support!

- - Derek, Nathan, Bryan and the rest of WITNESS and The Guardian Project

- --
Derek Halliday
The Guardian Project
https://guardianproject.info