[guardian-dev] Gibberbot 0.0.3 RC 3 (201100304b)

Nathan of Guardian nathan at guardianproject.info
Fri Mar 4 13:50:33 EST 2011

We've got a new release candidate worthy build ready for you to test!

You can find it in the Android Market or download it directly here:
https://github.com/guardianproject/Gibberbot/Gibberbot-0.0.3-RC3-20110304b.apk/qr_code

To provide feedback or report issues, you have three options:

2) Fill out this form (a little more involved):
https://guardianproject.info/contact/feedback/

3) Enter issues into Github (the best, but a little more complex):
https://github.com/guardianproject/Gibberbot/issues

****
Here's a short list of what has been fixed:

- Wizard UI should now work better on landscape mode and smaller
screens.... no more hidden buttons!

- Included an updated build of the ASmack XMPP library that powers the
chat protocol bit of our app. This has the latest patches from the core
Smack library.

- Improved TLS certification verification process and properly tied into
Settings menu; added support for Android BKS keystore and cacerts

- Added support for controlling whether SRV DNS record lookup is done or
not (it is better NOT too for privacy reasons, especially when running
over Tor)

- Began the localization process into all supported Android SDK
languages (starting automated, will bring humans in later to edit)

- Turned off inappropriate autocomplete/suggest where possible

- Cleaned up graphics and text copy