[guardian-dev] gibberbot update

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Mar 30 15:28:22 EDT 2011

I checked in a bunch of changes to Gibberbot last night, here are some
things that have changed, off the top of my head:

- separate 'domain' and 'server' preference to support Google Hosted
Domains
- "Allow Plain Text Auth" preference
- preference handling now using the original Imps.ProviderSettings
method rather than our previous hacks using the prefs
- the preferences write to the Imps again, so "Hide Offline Contacts"
and other older prefs should work again
- refactored out LoginInfo and ui.SettingsActivity classes, they were
duplicates

I haven't tested these change much, but I plan on doing so on on
Thursday then going thru the bug reports to mark things accordingly.

I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during
that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big
Business, for Wall Street and the bankers.      - General Smedley Butler