[guardian-dev] For Testing: Gibberbot 0.0.5 RC1

Nathan of Guardian nathan at guardianproject.info
Fri Sep 16 00:19:04 EDT 2011

For testing, a new Gibberbot v0.0.5. This is the first release candidate
for our next public update.

Download the signed APK build here:
https://github.com/guardianproject/Gibberbot/Gibberbot-0.0.5-RC1.apk/qr_code

We now also have unsigned automated builds being generated as we commit
code, and you find those here:
https://guardianproject.info/builds/Gibberbot/

Since the 0.0.3 release that is currently in the Market, we've done
quite a bit. Overall, you should find the app much more stable, able to
hold a connection open, and be better at verifying TLS properly, doing
SRV record lookups, and initiating OTR encrypted chat. The UI is also a
bit cleaner, and includes a new search function, when you press your
hardware search key on the buddy/contact list.

Please give it a shot, let us know how it goes, and have fun! As always,
enter bugs or requests here:
https://github.com/guardianproject/Gibberbot/issues

Thanks to devrandom for the patches, and to poser for having the most
difficult edge case puzzle we've seen, but that also ended up being
quite useful for debugging!

+n8fr8, djhalliday, _hc and co.

***
CHANGELOG - https://github.com/guardianproject/gibberbot/tree/v0.0.5-RC1

- Replaced Smack's TLS TrustManager with custom imp for Android / BKS
keystore
- Bundled in own cacert.bks keystore file to manage trusted Root CAs sep
from device-wide version
- Fixed support for DNS SRV record lookups
- Stopped using Smack's reconnection manager, and now use custom Android
reconn/status code
- Changed primary contact/buddy UI to filter list mode
- Added back in status selector and message edit text field
- Improved support for OTR, including fingerprint display on activity
screen, and auto-attempt on connect
- Upgraded to Smack 3.2.1 release