[guardian-dev] video tracking project

Jason guardianproject at lakedaemon.net
Mon Sep 12 15:18:13 EDT 2011

All,

I saw the recent blog post[1] regarding video tracking for realtime
redaction.  It looks like some great progress has been made in the past
year.

I came across a different project (open source) that may be able to
assist this effort, it's called predator [2].  In short, there's no
learning phase, no GPU acceleration, minimal resources, and it learns
from it's mistakes (the key advance).  Perhaps it could be integrated
in?

I'll take a look at the code a little later, but I'm currently swamped
with other projects.

hth,

Jason.

[1]