[guardian-dev] Gibberbot 0.0.8-RC1 "March Madness" for testing

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue Apr 17 11:06:08 EDT 2012

I just tried a clean import into Eclipse of the latest from the v8 branch, and I get lots of build errors. Seems like something is missing, i.e. not in git:

Description	Resource	Path	Location	Type
The method addTlvHandler(OtrTlvHandler) of type SessionImpl must override a superclass method	SessionImpl.java	/Gibberbot/src/net/java/otr4j/session	line 75	Java Problem
The method afterTextChanged(Editable) of type new TextWatcher(){} must override a superclass method	AccountActivity.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/app	line 131	Java Problem
The method areAllItemsEnabled() of type ChatListAdapter must override a superclass method	ChatListAdapter.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/app	line 871	Java Problem
The method askForSecret(SessionID, String) of type OtrChatManager must override a superclass method	OtrChatManager.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr	line 378	Java Problem
The method beforeTextChanged(CharSequence, int, int, int) of type new TextWatcher(){} must override a superclass method	AccountActivity.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/app	line 142	Java Problem
The method connectionClosed() of type new ConnectionListener(){} must override a superclass method	XmppConnection.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/plugin/xmpp	line 662	Java Problem
The method connectionClosedOnError(Exception) of type new ConnectionListener(){} must override a superclass method	XmppConnection.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/plugin/xmpp	line 629	Java Problem
The method connectionCreated(Connection) of type new ConnectionCreationListener(){} must override a superclass method	XmppConnection.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/plugin/xmpp	line 684	Java Problem
The method entriesAdded(Collection<String>) of type new RosterListener(){} must override a superclass method	XmppConnection.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/plugin/xmpp	line 1174	Java Problem
The method entriesDeleted(Collection<String>) of type new RosterListener(){} must override a superclass method	XmppConnection.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/plugin/xmpp	line 1142	Java Problem
The method entriesUpdated(Collection<String>) of type new RosterListener(){} must override a superclass method	XmppConnection.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/plugin/xmpp	line 1134	Java Problem
The method generateLocalKeyPair() of type OtrKeyManagerAdapter must override a superclass method	OtrKeyManagerAdapter.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr	line 112	Java Problem
The method getCount() of type ChatListAdapter must override a superclass method	ChatListAdapter.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/app	line 761	Java Problem
The method getItem(int) of type ChatListAdapter must override a superclass method	ChatListAdapter.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/app	line 766	Java Problem
The method getItemId(int) of type ChatListAdapter must override a superclass method	ChatListAdapter.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/app	line 773	Java Problem
The method getItemViewType(int) of type ChatListAdapter must override a superclass method	ChatListAdapter.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/app	line 782	Java Problem
The method getKeyPair(SessionID) of type OtrChatManager must override a superclass method	OtrChatManager.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr	line 372	Java Problem
The method getKeyPair(SessionID) of type OtrEngineHostImpl must override a superclass method	OtrEngineHostImpl.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr	line 94	Java Problem
The method getLocalFingerprint() of type OtrKeyManagerAdapter must override a superclass method	OtrKeyManagerAdapter.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr	line 89	Java Problem
The method getOtrKeyManager(String) of type new IRemoteImService.Stub(){} must override a superclass method	RemoteImService.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/service	line 516	Java Problem
The method getRemoteFingerprint() of type OtrKeyManagerAdapter must override a superclass method	OtrKeyManagerAdapter.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr	line 103	Java Problem
The method getSessionPolicy(SessionID) of type OtrChatManager must override a superclass method	OtrChatManager.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr	line 365	Java Problem
The method getSessionPolicy(SessionID) of type OtrEngineHostImpl must override a superclass method	OtrEngineHostImpl.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr	line 107	Java Problem
The method getView(int, View, ViewGroup) of type ChatListAdapter must override a superclass method	ChatListAdapter.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/app	line 787	Java Problem
The method getViewTypeCount() of type ChatListAdapter must override a superclass method	ChatListAdapter.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/app	line 842	Java Problem
The method handle(Callback[]) of type XmppConnection must override a superclass method	XmppConnection.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/plugin/xmpp	line 1654	Java Problem
The method hasStableIds() of type ChatListAdapter must override a superclass method	ChatListAdapter.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/app	line 847	Java Problem
The method initSmpVerification(String, String) of type OtrChatSessionAdapter must override a superclass method	OtrChatSessionAdapter.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr	line 50	Java Problem
The method injectMessage(SessionID, String) of type OtrChatManager must override a superclass method	OtrChatManager.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr	line 343	Java Problem
The method injectMessage(SessionID, String) of type OtrEngineHostImpl must override a superclass method	OtrEngineHostImpl.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr	line 149	Java Problem
The method isChatEncrypted() of type OtrChatSessionAdapter must override a superclass method	OtrChatSessionAdapter.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr	line 43	Java Problem
The method isEmpty() of type ChatListAdapter must override a superclass method	ChatListAdapter.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/app	line 853	Java Problem
The method isEnabled(int) of type ChatListAdapter must override a superclass method	ChatListAdapter.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/app	line 876	Java Problem
The method isKeyVerified(String) of type OtrKeyManagerAdapter must override a superclass method	OtrKeyManagerAdapter.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr	line 81	Java Problem
The method onClick(DialogInterface, int) of type AboutActivity must override a superclass method	AboutActivity.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/ui	line 195	Java Problem
The method onClick(DialogInterface, int) of type ChatActivity must override a superclass method	ChatActivity.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/ui	line 50	Java Problem
The method onClick(DialogInterface, int) of type new DialogInterface.OnClickListener(){} must override a superclass method	AccountActivity.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/app	line 902	Java Problem
The method onClick(DialogInterface, int) of type new DialogInterface.OnClickListener(){} must override a superclass method	WelcomeActivity.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/app	line 510	Java Problem
The method onClick(View) of type new View.OnClickListener(){} must override a superclass method	AboutActivity.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/ui	line 43	Java Problem
The method onClick(View) of type new View.OnClickListener(){} must override a superclass method	AboutActivity.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/ui	line 55	Java Problem
The method onClick(View) of type new View.OnClickListener(){} must override a superclass method	AboutActivity.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/ui	line 63	Java Problem
The method onClick(View) of type new View.OnClickListener(){} must override a superclass method	AboutActivity.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/ui	line 75	Java Problem
The method onClick(View) of type new View.OnClickListener(){} must override a superclass method	AboutActivity.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/ui	line 83	Java Problem
The method onClick(View) of type new View.OnClickListener(){} must override a superclass method	UserPresenceView.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/app	line 230	Java Problem
The method onClick(View) of type new View.OnClickListener(){} must override a superclass method	WelcomeActivity.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/app	line 106	Java Problem
The method onDismiss(DialogInterface) of type new DialogInterface.OnDismissListener(){} must override a superclass method	CertDisplayActivity.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/app	line 39	Java Problem
The method onDismiss(DialogInterface) of type new DialogInterface.OnDismissListener(){} must override a superclass method	WarningDialogActivity.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/app	line 36	Java Problem
The method onIncomingMessage(ChatSession, Message) of type OtrChatListener must override a superclass method	OtrChatListener.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr	line 23	Java Problem
The method onIncomingReceipt(ChatSession, String) of type ChatSessionAdapter.ListenerAdapter must override a superclass method	ChatSessionAdapter.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/service	line 649	Java Problem
The method onIncomingReceipt(ChatSession, String) of type OtrChatListener must override a superclass method	OtrChatListener.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr	line 94	Java Problem
The method onIncomingReceipt(IChatSession, String) of type ChatListenerAdapter must override a superclass method	ChatListenerAdapter.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/app/adapter	line 73	Java Problem
The method onItemClick(AdapterView<?>, View, int, long) of type new AdapterView.OnItemClickListener(){} must override a superclass method	ActiveChatListView.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/app	line 437	Java Problem
The method onReceiptsExpected(ChatSession) of type ChatSessionAdapter.ListenerAdapter must override a superclass method	ChatSessionAdapter.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/service	line 668	Java Problem
The method onReceiptsExpected(ChatSession) of type OtrChatListener must override a superclass method	OtrChatListener.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr	line 99	Java Problem
The method onSendMessageError(ChatSession, Message, ImErrorInfo) of type OtrChatListener must override a superclass method	OtrChatListener.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr	line 86	Java Problem
The method onSharedPreferenceChanged(SharedPreferences, String) of type AccountSettingsActivity must override a superclass method	AccountSettingsActivity.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/app	line 81	Java Problem
The method onSharedPreferenceChanged(SharedPreferences, String) of type SettingActivity must override a superclass method	SettingActivity.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/app	line 69	Java Problem
The method onStatusChanged(ChatSession) of type ChatSessionAdapter.ListenerAdapter must override a superclass method	ChatSessionAdapter.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/service	line 674	Java Problem
The method onStatusChanged(ChatSession) of type OtrChatListener must override a superclass method	OtrChatListener.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr	line 104	Java Problem
The method onStatusChanged(IChatSession) of type ChatListenerAdapter must override a superclass method	ChatListenerAdapter.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/app/adapter	line 81	Java Problem
The method onTextChanged(CharSequence, int, int, int) of type new TextWatcher(){} must override a superclass method	AccountActivity.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/app	line 148	Java Problem
The method onTouch(View, MotionEvent) of type new View.OnTouchListener(){} must override a superclass method	ChatView.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/app	line 363	Java Problem
The method presenceChanged(Presence) of type new RosterListener(){} must override a superclass method	XmppConnection.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/plugin/xmpp	line 1126	Java Problem
The method processPacket(Packet) of type new PacketListener(){} must override a superclass method	XmppConnection.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/plugin/xmpp	line 547	Java Problem
The method processPacket(Packet) of type new PacketListener(){} must override a superclass method	XmppConnection.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/plugin/xmpp	line 576	Java Problem
The method reconnectingIn(int) of type new ConnectionListener(){} must override a superclass method	XmppConnection.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/plugin/xmpp	line 623	Java Problem
The method reconnectionFailed(Exception) of type new ConnectionListener(){} must override a superclass method	XmppConnection.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/plugin/xmpp	line 617	Java Problem
The method reconnectionSuccessful() of type new ConnectionListener(){} must override a superclass method	XmppConnection.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/plugin/xmpp	line 610	Java Problem
The method registerDataSetObserver(DataSetObserver) of type ChatListAdapter must override a superclass method	ChatListAdapter.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/app	line 859	Java Problem
The method removeTlvHandler(OtrTlvHandler) of type SessionImpl must override a superclass method	SessionImpl.java	/Gibberbot/src/net/java/otr4j/session	line 80	Java Problem
The method respondSmpVerification(String) of type OtrChatSessionAdapter must override a superclass method	OtrChatSessionAdapter.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr	line 63	Java Problem
The method run() of type new Runnable(){} must override a superclass method	XmppConnection.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/plugin/xmpp	line 179	Java Problem
The method run() of type new Runnable(){} must override a superclass method	XmppConnection.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/plugin/xmpp	line 320	Java Problem
The method run() of type new Runnable(){} must override a superclass method	XmppConnection.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/plugin/xmpp	line 642	Java Problem
The method run() of type new Runnable(){} must override a superclass method	XmppConnection.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/plugin/xmpp	line 652	Java Problem
The method run() of type new Runnable(){} must override a superclass method	XmppConnection.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/plugin/xmpp	line 800	Java Problem
The method run() of type new Runnable(){} must override a superclass method	XmppConnection.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/plugin/xmpp	line 840	Java Problem
The method run() of type new Runnable(){} must override a superclass method	XmppConnection.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/plugin/xmpp	line 854	Java Problem
The method run() of type new Runnable(){} must override a superclass method	XmppConnection.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/plugin/xmpp	line 934	Java Problem
The method run() of type new Runnable(){} must override a superclass method	XmppConnection.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/plugin/xmpp	line 957	Java Problem
The method run() of type new Runnable(){} must override a superclass method	XmppConnection.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/plugin/xmpp	line 1410	Java Problem
The method sendHeartbeat() of type ImConnectionAdapter must override a superclass method	ImConnectionAdapter.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/service	line 152	Java Problem
The method sendHeartbeat() of type RemoteImService.HeartbeatHandler must override a superclass method	RemoteImService.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/service	line 206	Java Problem
The method sessionStatusChanged(SessionID) of type OtrChatManager must override a superclass method	OtrChatManager.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr	line 276	Java Problem
The method sessionStatusChanged(SessionID) of type RemoteImService must override a superclass method	RemoteImService.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/service	line 558	Java Problem
The method setProxy(String, String, int) of type ImConnectionAdapter must override a superclass method	ImConnectionAdapter.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/service	line 157	Java Problem
The method showError(SessionID, String) of type OtrChatManager must override a superclass method	OtrChatManager.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr	line 358	Java Problem
The method showError(SessionID, String) of type OtrEngineHostImpl must override a superclass method	OtrEngineHostImpl.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr	line 157	Java Problem
The method showWarning(SessionID, String) of type OtrChatManager must override a superclass method	OtrChatManager.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr	line 350	Java Problem
The method showWarning(SessionID, String) of type OtrEngineHostImpl must override a superclass method	OtrEngineHostImpl.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr	line 164	Java Problem
The method stopChatEncryption() of type OtrChatSessionAdapter must override a superclass method	OtrChatSessionAdapter.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr	line 36	Java Problem
The method unregisterDataSetObserver(DataSetObserver) of type ChatListAdapter must override a superclass method	ChatListAdapter.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr/app/im/app	line 865	Java Problem
The method unverifyKey(String) of type OtrKeyManagerAdapter must override a superclass method	OtrKeyManagerAdapter.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr	line 71	Java Problem
The method verifyKey(String) of type OtrKeyManagerAdapter must override a superclass method	OtrKeyManagerAdapter.java	/Gibberbot/src/info/guardianproject/otr	line 60	Java Problem

On Apr 17, 2012, at 10:38 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> On the Xoom running Eos ROM 1.0.0 ICS 4.0.3, I can't install this .apk.  I removed Gibberbot from this device.  When I download it via the browser on the device, I click "install" and it instantly tells me "Application not installed".  It also fails using adb:
>
> hans at dhcp-10 ~ $ adb install ~/Downloads/Gibberbot-0.0.8-rc1.apk
> 1140 KB/s (2709567 bytes in 2.319s)
> 	pkg: /data/local/tmp/Gibberbot-0.0.8-rc1.apk
> Failure [INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_NO_CERTIFICATES]
>
> Perhaps this is an unsigned build?
>
> .hc
>

> On Apr 14, 2012, at 7:47 PM, Nathan of Guardian wrote:

>> 4d3617b was n8fr8, 24 minutes ago, message: removing unused commented out code
>> d82bafc was n8fr8, 82 minutes ago, message: updating to RC1
>> 6b6f351 was n8fr8, 82 minutes ago, message: cleaned up Tor on/off including setting connect server
>> bd225f5 was n8fr8, 82 minutes ago, message: tweaked the lock/unlock icon size
>> a7aa7e2 was devrandom, 4 days ago, message: Fingerprints stored in hex
>> 3bd2ddf was devrandom, 4 weeks ago, message: Store fingerprints in keystore file.
>> 8a70ad8 was devrandom, 5 days ago, message: Revert to targetSdk=4 until actionbar menu issue is resolved.
>> fb81246 was devrandom, 5 days ago, message: Set OTR session in ChatView.onBind.
>> 4285d07 was Dev Random, 6 days ago, message: Merge pull request #131 from Kensan/translation-de
>> e8d78a2 was Adrian-Ken Rueegsegger, 7 days ago, message: Improve german translation
>> 52eb02c was devrandom, 7 days ago, message: Merge branch 'master' into v8
>> 11f5344 was Dev Random, 7 days ago, message: Merge pull request #129 from Kensan/misc-fixes
>> c181f1e was Dev Random, 7 days ago, message: Merge pull request #130 from devrandom/signin
>> a0b8664 was devrandom, 7 days ago, message: Better cancel-signin user experience
>> 5b5aebb was Dev Random, 7 days ago, message: Merge pull request #125 from devrandom/otr
>> 20dd173 was devrandom, 7 days ago, message: Callback for OTR status update.
>> c41fb0c was devrandom, 8 days ago, message: Remove two stray OTR message injections, fixes issue #48 in new tracker
>> a329793 was devrandom, 9 days ago, message: Fix various OTR policy setting issues
>> e85525d was Adrian-Ken Rueegsegger, 9 days ago, message: Extract toast message strings to strings.xml
>> 0a55242 was Adrian-Ken Rueegsegger, 9 days ago, message: Show toast when start-/stopping encrypted chat
>> 289d6b8 was Adrian-Ken Rueegsegger, 10 days ago, message: Properly set sound notification (fixes #117)
>> c5b10eb was Dev Random, 7 days ago, message: Merge pull request #123 from devrandom/xep0184
>> 4c91eaa was Dev Random, 8 days ago, message: Merge pull request #126 from Kensan/bug-42
>> 1ff9538 was Dev Random, 8 days ago, message: Merge pull request #124 from Kensan/bug-117
>> c6befca was Adrian-Ken Rueegsegger, 8 days ago, message: Automatically cancel read certificate notification
>> 6956697 was Adrian-Ken Rueegsegger, 9 days ago, message: Fix language name for German (Deutsch)
> [...]

Mistrust authority - promote decentralization.  - the hacker ethic