[guardian-dev] serverless XMPP as

Miron c1.android at niftybox.net
Wed Apr 18 19:59:44 EDT 2012

It's an interesting idea.  I think it's important that the user be aware
of the account, but yes, we could have multiple such accounts.  In fact,
that might already work.

We should also think about security and privacy implications, as well as
technical considerations.  For example, the serverless account does a
multicast.  That has an impact on privacy if always on.  Also, should
the connection be used as a sequence of packets or a stream?

It would be interesting to figure out how to use automated OTR
communication in other contexts.

On 18/04/12 16:08, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> Hey Miron,
>
> In case you missed this in #guardianproject today:
>
> n8fr8 and I were just discussing the possibility of using serverless XMPP as a protocol for syncing the OTR key info with the desktop. I'm writing a desktop client, then we'd make Gibberbot have a protocol to get and put the keys.  It could be via HTTPS or just some TLS socket, but it seems cooler to do it with serverless XMPP. I guess there would have to be an invisible serverless account in Gibberbot to be the sync agent.  Could there be multiple serverless accounts?
>
> .hc
>
> You are subscribed as: c1.android at niftybox.net

Miron
http://hyper.to/blog/