[guardian-dev] Gibberbot keystore format

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Mon Aug 13 12:26:32 EDT 2012

All of the OTR file formats that I have ever seen store the private keys in the clear.  But one key per contact is problematic.  The migration will be quite a bit of work, so I think we should take our time to get it right.  I've been thinking that a better format would be to store the private keys as subkeys of your GPG key.  If the user doesn't have one, we can generate it.

If we base this off of gpg, it will give us lots of very nice features for free.  This is the goal of the next round of PSST, which is slated to start in October.  Maybe its worthwhile to hack around the current format in the meantime?

.hc