[guardian-dev] Compiling Lil' Debi completely from source.

Nathan of Guardian nathan at guardianproject.info
Mon Aug 20 15:40:35 EDT 2012

On 08/20/2012 03:28 PM, Josh Branning wrote:
> I guess there are two options then, worth considering:
>
> A) Push for changes in F-Droid so it'll accept these more complex setups.
> B) Create an Android.mk file for Lil' Debi and gnupg-for-android.
or C) compile it yourself!

Otherwise, you will have to accept that the binary APKs we produce are
made from the source we publish.

Honestly, I would trust binaries we release, signed by us, more than
binaries generated on an F-droid server which has no known security
practices, audits, etc. We really love the concept of F-Droid and the
commitment to open-source, but we have serious issues of other people
releasing our apps publicly that have been built in potential insecure
environments.

+n