[guardian-dev] Writing about SQLCipher

Mark Murphy mmurphy at commonsware.com
Sat Feb 11 17:35:26 EST 2012

I am interested in adding a section on SQLCipher to one of my books on
Android application development, along with a sample app.

Two and a half questions:

1. Should I wait until SQLCipher 2.0, or will that be similar enough
to SQLCipher 1.1 that it'd be reasonable for me to go ahead with
covering 1.1?

2. Has there been any progress on "some dialog builder helper methods
for password and PIN input, password caching, and other features that
we would like to standardize across all applications that use
SQLCipher" (from https://guardianproject.info/code/sqlcipher/)? I
don't see anything in
https://github.com/sqlcipher/android-database-sqlcipher, but I wasn't
sure if it might be in some other repo.

2.b. If the answer to #2 is "not really", are there any design notes,
specific things out of Notepadbot, or any other pointers, in case I
wanted to put something together myself?

Thanks!

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Warescription: Three Android Books, Plus Updates, One Low Price!