[guardian-dev] Writing about SQLCipher

Mark Murphy mmurphy at commonsware.com
Sun Feb 12 13:18:03 EST 2012

On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 12:38 PM, Nathan of Guardian
<nathan at guardianproject.info> wrote:
> I think what we have shipped right now, especially the recent ICS
> update, is good enough that we want people to be spreading the word.

Cool!

> The only progress we have made on this is through our NoteCipher sample
> app, which has some best practices helper code in it. You can start by
> looking here:
> https://github.com/guardianproject/notepadbot/blob/master/src/info/guardianproject/notepadbot/NoteCipher.java#L149

Yeah, I saw that. I'll try teasing something based on that out into a
light reusable module in a library project. I'll need something for my
own sample app, anyway, and there are lots of questions about how to
maintain login sessions like this (e.g., how do you time things out?).

If anyone has any particular concerns about the current implementation
there, besides the outstanding issues in the GitHub tracker, please
let me know.

Thanks!

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)