[guardian-dev] Writing about SQLCipher

Stephen Lombardo sjlombardo at zetetic.net
Mon Feb 13 11:36:35 EST 2012

Hi Mark,

It's exciting to hear that you're planning to include SQLCipher in your
book! I've included an idea below regarding SQLCipher 2.0.

On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 1:18 PM, Mark Murphy <mmurphy at commonsware.com>wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 12:38 PM, Nathan of Guardian
> <nathan at guardianproject.info> wrote:
> > I think what we have shipped right now, especially the recent ICS
> > update, is good enough that we want people to be spreading the word.
>
> Cool!

Nick has already finished a proof of concept and some initial testing with
the SQLCipher 2 core library and everything works great so far. Our next
step is to put out a new branch based on SQLCipher 2. Then, as Nathan
mentioned earlier, we'd like to change around the package namespaces, and
put together some documentation on upgrading, etc.

Since we don't think it will take very long to finish up the SQLCipher 2.0
changes, what would you think about finalizing your examples using the 2.0
code, so that it is current with the latest revision when published? Let us
know if you think this might work for your timeline, and if so we'll fast
track some of the 2.0 changes.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Stephen