[guardian-dev] Writing about SQLCipher

Mark Murphy mmurphy at commonsware.com
Mon Feb 13 12:08:40 EST 2012

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 11:36 AM, Stephen Lombardo
<sjlombardo at zetetic.net> wrote:
> Nick has already finished a proof of concept and some initial testing with
> the SQLCipher 2 core library and everything works great so far. Our next
> step is to put out a new branch based on SQLCipher 2. Then, as Nathan
> mentioned earlier, we'd like to change around the package namespaces, and
> put together some documentation on upgrading, etc.
>
> Since we don't think it will take very long to finish up the SQLCipher 2.0
> changes, what would you think about finalizing your examples using the 2.0
> code, so that it is current with the latest revision when published? Let us
> know if you think this might work for your timeline, and if so we'll fast
> track some of the 2.0 changes.

Well, I was planning on publishing something later this month, given
the previous statements about the developer-facing API being largely
unchanged with the move to 2.0. I can certainly delay my work -- the
nice thing about owning the publishing company is that I get to
dictate terms on what goes in what update. :-) I certainly wouldn't
change your schedules to fit mine, when I can change mine to fit
yours.

So, the two main possibilities are:

1. Go ahead and write a section on 1.1, updating it to 2.0 once that ships.

2. Wait until 2.0 ships and worry about it then.

Either is fine by me. Thoughts?

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android 4.0 Programming Books: http://commonsware.com/books