[guardian-dev] Writing about SQLCipher

Mark Murphy mmurphy at commonsware.com
Mon Feb 13 17:18:00 EST 2012

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 5:04 PM, Stephen Lombardo
<sjlombardo at zetetic.net> wrote:
> The developer facing API will be almost identical, however we were planning
> to change the namespace for the package from info.guardianproject.* to
> net.sqlcipher.*. This isn't a huge change, but would be enough to require
> program modification to move from 1 to 2.  The other SQLCipher change is a
> small modification to the database format, that requires a database
> migration to use. Thus, things are very similar, but there are some changes
> that could require updates to code.

Yeah, but not much, based on that description. And I can try to
remember to mention these upcoming changes in the chapter.

> It would be just fine to
> go ahead on 1.1 since you are planning to release the book so soon, and it
> doesn't sound like you'd doing an update at a later date to adjust for the
> differences / upgrade path for SQlcipher 2.0.

I think you missed a word in there. I hope is was "mind" -- no, I
wouldn't mind doing an update at a later date for 2.0. :-)

Thanks again!

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android 4.0 Programming Books: http://commonsware.com/books