[guardian-dev] Lil' Debi criticism

Paul Sokolovsky pmiscml at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 05:39:45 EST 2012

Hello,

I'm not on the list, so copy-pasting from the archive.

> On 02/23/2012 09:08 PM, Paul Sokolovsky wrote:
> > Copied from
> > http://f-droid.org/forums/topic/lil-debi-run-debian-on-android-complete-metadata-included/#post-1492
> > Please take it easy ;-). Thanks.
>
> Thanks, Paul. Happy to reply to their concerns on the F-Droid forum.

Sorry if I didn't make it clear, but that was my post. So, please don't
extend anything to the whole project ;-).

> Generally, they are right in that we shouldn't just dump binary blogs
> into our source repo without explanation, pointers, build instructions
> and the like. This is especially true if we are asking for inclusion
> in an FSF sponsored effort.
>
> However, rhetoric like "do they consider their users worthy" and "if
> they really cared..." is just over the top.

Yup, I love that Free Speech thing ;-). Don't take it personally and
glad if it would help anyway. Because well, it's just the common
situation with Android software - those binary blobs of unknown origin,
just a step away from worms and sensitive-info stealing malware.
Concerned partied should fight back.

> Best,
>  Nathan

Best regards,