[guardian-dev] Gibberbot RC3 (final?) for testing

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Thu Jun 14 00:38:21 EDT 2012

On 06/13/2012 09:33 PM, Nathan of Guardian wrote:

> On 06/12/2012 08:34 PM, Nathan of Guardian wrote:
>> Gibberbot v9 RC2 is now available, and includes fixes for
>> XMPPConnection and OTR session state. This is looking very good
>> and stable, and if you missed it last time, now has SIMULTANEOUS
>> MULTIPLE ACCOUNT support!
>
> Just to reiterate... THIS RELEASE IS AMAZING (and mostly that is due
> to devrandom's hardwork). I am running four accounts logged in right
> now (two google, one jabber and yes... facebook!) with the two google
> accounts over Tor via Orbot. This is on a $125 no-contract unrooted LG
> Optimus G running Android 2.3.3 that I use with prepay data-only plan
> through Ting.com.

One slight query - for the SOCKS connections to Tor - do you use a
different username/password for each connection? If so, I think the
Isolated Streams (via IsolateSOCKSAuth) in the latest Tor 0.2.3.x will
ensure that two google accounts won't accidentally be tied together on a
single stream, on a single circuit. If not, I suggest it before this
release - just generate two random strings and pass them for each
connection. :)

All the best,
Jake