[guardian-dev] Bugs

Miron c1.android at niftybox.net
Thu Jun 28 22:37:33 EDT 2012

On 27/06/12 10:43, Roy Teeuwen wrote:
> Is there any fix coming for this? Is there a way to make sure the
> message got through?

A couple of notes about delivery receipts and about logging/debugging.

There's an implementation of XEP-0184 - delivery receipts in the latest
version on the Store (I assume you are on that version).  If you talk to
another Gibberbot of recent version, you should see an icon in the
top-right that looks like an envelope with a checkmark.  This signals
that delivery receipts are active.  If a message doesn't go through
within 10 seconds, an envelope with a red X will appear by the message.
Let me know if you are not seeing these.

I wasn't able to replicate the missing message issue on my phones.

You can turn on debug logging with:

    adb shell setprop log.tag.GB.XmppConnection DEBUG

and watch the log:

    adb logcat

It will log "D/GB.XmppConnection( 6414): 1 : receive message" when a
message is received on the wire.  It would be good to know if these
messages are received but not displayed, or if they are not
received/sent at all.

Lastly, it would be good to know if this is OTR related - does it ever
happen with OTR off?

--
Miron
http://hyper.to/blog/