[guardian-dev] Creating a new smack repository

Miron (devrandom) c1.android at niftybox.net
Tue Mar 13 14:50:45 EDT 2012

Hi all,

Georg suggested that we could create our own smack repository that could be used by the Android IM clients (Beem, Yaxim, Gibberbot).

The advantages of this would be:

* Normal development flow instead of creating separate patch files
* Use git instead of svn and use of github to manage development flow
* Faster development cycle

I think we would still need the asmack build system because other repositories need to be pulled in and patched.  Perhaps merge the build system into smack in /contrib or something?

Any opinions about this?

--
Miron