[guardian-dev] Hello, and question about Android and gapps

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Mon Mar 26 10:35:14 EDT 2012

I think that's a save assumption.  AOSP (Android Open Source Project) provides a whole operating system that is truly free software.  Having to agree to Google's privacy policy to use it would make it non-free.  The ROMs are generally based off of AOSP.  So congratulations! you have escaped Google on your phone :).

If you want a Free as in Freedom app store, check out F-Droid.  We're working on getting all of our stuff in there, as well as all the things we find useful.

.hc