[guardian-dev] e2fsck on Android?

Peter Fein pete at wearpants.org
Sat Oct 20 14:31:37 EDT 2012

Just following up (I'm the original requester from Twitter)...

Wow, it's absolutely insane that vendors don't ship e2fsck... when I
first noticed filesystem errors, I assumed they'd be fixed on boot.
When they kept happening, I figured I had hardware problems (I've
dropped my tablet a few times). Only recently did I think to check
dmesg right after boot, and sure enough, init happily mounts the
filesystem with errors. WTF.

One approach I thought of was binding /dev inside the chroot and then
running Debian's fsck, but neither the system nor lildebi's mount
command supports --bind.

The little I could find about cross-compiling e2fsprogs suggests it's
painful at best and potentially a rabbit hole... Need the the tablet
for a trip on Monday, so guess I'll just factory reset.

Sigh.

--Pete