[guardian-dev] Orbot v11 RC3 ready for testing

Nathan of Guardian nathan at guardianproject.info
Mon Oct 22 03:16:50 EDT 2012

On 10/21/2012 06:53 PM, Abel Luck wrote:
>> Please test root / transparent proxying feature, as that has been the

Unfortunately RC3 still has the same bug in some cases (aka internet is
disabled b/c iptables rules are not properly cleared).

I think I have tracked down the problem however. Now that we are not
calling a general "iptables --flush" when we clear the transproxy rules,
we have to remove the rules one by one, with the same exact syntax as
when we added them.

However, it seems that our enable/apply method was being called twice,
and so the rules were added twice to the tables/chains.

When we call the "D" version to clear them, we only call it once, and
based on the way iptables works, only one rule is removed, not all
matching rules (it seems).

Does this make sense to you, Abel and/or others out there?

+n