[guardian-dev] Orbot v11 RC3 ready for testing

Nathan of Guardian nathan at guardianproject.info
Mon Oct 22 11:31:55 EDT 2012

On 10/22/2012 01:51 PM, Patrick Bx wrote:
> Makes sense to me! Also, if you can't determine how many times the
> rules will be added you could alternatively:
I think I've nailed it. In short, the rules were being applied both
during the Tor start sequence, but also during an "apply settings"
sequence. I've got it down to just one "enable" and one "disable"
sequence, and all the rules are being properly set and cleared. This
includes some of the updates in your previous patch, as well, for
iptables support and removal of the unnecessary loopback rule.

https://dev.guardianproject.info/attachments/download/299/Orbot-release-0.2.4.4-alpha-1.0.11-RC4.apk

> 1. Create a separate chain for all Orbot rules. Set a jump to go to
> that chain and if the chain is empty it should return back. Now just
Interesting idea. Will think about it for v12.

> 2) Skype post (I know, I know! I have a draft and it won't even take that long)

Would be great to get this out once v11 is released more widely (this week).

+n