[guardian-dev] Reverse Tethering for internet cafes?

Hans of Guardian hans at guardianproject.info
Fri Apr 12 13:40:43 EDT 2013

That's a very interesting idea, this could be an internet cafe solution!  There are a couple USB device modes (CDC, serial, ethernet, etc.) that could be used for this kind of connection, and like you found, there is software for there.

The key questions to answer here to ensure feasibility are:

- can these USB device modes be used without any kind of admin permission on Windows?

- which Android devices support it, and how common is that support?

- does the phone need to be rooted?

It used to be more common to do USB tethering, so we need to revive it!

.hc