[guardian-dev] Whats better than antivirus? Whitelisting!

Cooper Quintin cooper at radicaldesigns.org
Wed Apr 17 14:14:09 EDT 2013

>>> The free software version of this idea is the official package repository.
>>> Its a giant whitelist of trusted software. :)

Yes but it doesn't actually stop malicious applications that were
installed in other ways from being executed on your computer.  I believe
SELinux offers some capabilities like this, however I was specifically
thinking about something for AOSP.  It looks like SELinux is being
ported to android though: http://selinuxproject.org/page/SEAndroid