[guardian-dev] How InformaCam and ObscuraCam play together.

Bernard Tyers ei8fdb at ei8fdb.org
Wed Apr 24 13:56:17 EDT 2013

Hi,

I'm listening to a podcast on the IEEE Spectrum website.

Nathan, you mentioned the chain of  custody which Informacam maintains. You also mentioned how Informacam plays with Obscuracam.

A scenario could possibly be:

A user takes a picture with Informacam which embeds the image with all the metadata from device sensors etc.

They then use Obscuracam to pixelate faces etc.

Would that not edit the image and change the metadata?

How then would the authenticity be maintained?

There's probably a good answer ;)

Anyway good podcast. I don't have the link as I'm out, but I'd suggest people listen to it. (Google for IEEE spectrum the guardian project podcast)
Thanks,
Bernard

---
Sent from my small electronic gadget. Please excuse the shortness and (probable) mistakes.