[guardian-dev] New Post: Security Awareness Party

Mark Belinsky mark at guardianproject.info
Fri Apr 26 12:09:00 EDT 2013

There's a new post up on the Guardian Project blog. Check it out:

In the security world, there’s a pesky belief that a tool can either be
secure or easy to use, but not both. Some experts also argue that training
people to be safe online is too hard and doesn’t accomplish much (see Bruce
Schneier’s recent post *Security Awareness
Training*<http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2013/03/security_awaren_1.html>).
Without a thoughtful approach, that’s usually how it plays out. But it
doesn’t have to be that way! We’re committed to making online security fun
to learn and fun to use, and we’re launching a new series of interactive
tutorials to make it happen. Consider this post an invitation to our
festive Security Awareness Party. Beer is
encouraged<https://guardianproject.info/home/how-you-can-work-with-us/>,
especially if it comes from an Android-powered kegbot <https://kegbot.org/>
.

To read more, visit the blog: