[guardian-dev] ostel.co and CsipSimple default settings

Richard rz at linux-m68k.org
Mon Aug 12 08:13:03 EDT 2013

Hi,

I have recently set up 2 accounts on ostel.co with
CsipSimple 1.01.00 using the OSTEL wizzard.

What I notice that in the default settings of CSipSimple
in the "Secure Transport" menu both SRTP and ZRTP are
fully disabled.
Encrypted communication still works by using TLS but isn't
that suboptimal? I would imagine that falling back to TLS
means that more information is relayed through the server
than necessary, probably also increasing signaling latency?

Should not users be encouraged to change these settings
in CSipSimple?

What would be the best settings anyway?

Richard

---
Name and OpenPGP keys available from pgp key servers